|SEA & CO is the name of a group of photographers specialized in the sea, sailing, and water sports.
SEA & CO has been created by these photograhers to get in line with the evolution of photography and the way images are created and distributed to the media, publishing companies and advertising agencies.
Initially created by a group of four in France, Sea and Co has since evolved internationally to a group eight photographers now representing 3 countries :
- Julien Girardot (Saint Malo, France), +33 662 78 07 01 +33 662 78 07 01, website: www.juliengirardot.com
- Oskar Kihlborg (Stockholm, Sweden), +46 703 225 000 +46 703 225 000, +46 703 225000 +46 703 225000 , website: www.kihlborg.se
- Thierry Martinez (La Trinité sur Mer, France), + 33 607 09 38 92 + 33 607 09 38 92, website: www.thmartinez.com
- Gilles Martin-Raget (Marseille, France), +33 491 33 01 20 +33 491 33 01 20, +33 607 55 45 85 +33 607 55 45 85, website : www.martin-raget.com
- Benoît Stichelbaut (Concarneau, France), +33 679 55 80 05 +33 679 55 80 05, website: www.stichelbaut.com
- Benjamin Thouard (Tahiti, French Polynesia) BP 147, 98 725 Vairao, French Polynesia
Phone : +689 29 41 46, web: http://www.benthouard.com
- Sander van der Borch (La Haye, The Nederlands), +31 6 13 41 69 93 +31 6 13 41 69 93, website: www.sandervanderborch.com
- Jacques Vapillon (La Trinité sur Mer, France), + 33 (0)297 558 369 + 33 (0)297 558 369, +33 (0)608 239 777 +33 (0)608 239 777, website: www.vapillon.com
- Yoichi Yabe
4-3-16 Nango, Chigasaki, Kanagawa 253-0061 Japan
phone +81 (0)90 7178 8974
- Yvan Zedda (Lorient, France), + 33 608 99 58 35 + 33 608 99 58 35 + 33 608 99 58 35 + 33 608 99 58 35, website: www.zedda.com
FOUR STRONG IDEAS
Thanks to their common experience and the potential of their archives, the photographers of Sea and Co gathered four strong ideas.
1 - Permanency and availability about long term project: the top sailing projects are sometimes changing because submitted to the weather.
Working together with the possibility to replace each other allows the customer to be sure of the availability of the specialized photographer at the requested level at the right moment, who will work and publish according to the initially planned standards.
2 - Complementarity during the important events. Several photographers have to works together on he same events, whether for the preparation (realization of a photographic library) during an important day (departure/ arrival of a race) or to vary the prints of view or the angle shots. Sea and Co is today able to propose this service.
3 - Cost reduction. Thanks to their existing group of customers, to their geographic repartition on the French shore, to their frequent journeys abroad for the most important events, Sea and Co photographers are able to propose lower moving production costs (race departure or arrival) or gathering means of sea or aerial shots.
4- A better distribution. since the creation of their common server www.seaandco.net, the group has set a new standard in independant marine photography. All the pictures produced by the 8 photographers are available in one same place. Not only the photo editors don't have to search images in many places with different browsing systems and different access codes, but in adding their common listing, Sea and co photographers are able to reach more customers when they send alerts and distribute theyr photos. By joining the "Pixpalace" network, Sea & Co photos are now directly available to the biggest media photo editors, thanks to the local terminal installed on their desk.
ONE SAME WAY OF WORKING
1 – The relationships are established with each customer by only one photographer said “main photographer”. He insures the setting of the mutual contract, the main shots, the setting of the pictures, their delivery, their immediate publishing, and remains the main customer’s referent for contracts, administration and the financial aspects.
2 – The proposal made to the customer automatically includes the idea of a photographic crew, each photographer of Sea and Co being able to replace or help the main photographer. The main photographer follows their intervention to make sure it remains true to the signed contracts and looks after their wages.
3 – Each collaboration contract automatically includes, except if the customer does not whish it, a publishing on that photo server.
4 – In the proposed service there is an option for the creation of a photo software on internet which allows the customer to publish for his inner services or external customers, including media and public, as well as the photographic library created by Sea and Co, and already existing archives.